Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Fun

 I heard someone talking on TV a while ago, and they said, "Nobody remembers the gifts they get for Christmas; they remember the special moments, like baking cookies with their grandmother."  It's true.  I don't remember the gifts, but I do remember the Christmas games my sister-in-law always leads us through. The years, as a young family, walking through the snow to get our Christmas tree. (While the old man, opening the gate, told us about his hemorrhoid surgery).  The Candlelight Christmas Eve service at Church, of course, is the most special part of Christmas.  We all love that time together.  I've been known to run around like a crazy lady getting ready for Christmas.  But, this year I decided that if things aren't perfect...it's okay.  Our family has been focusing on spending more time together this Christmas, and it's been wonderful.  We spent one day at Storybook Land, with the grand kids, and then went out for hot chocolate.  We went to our granddaughter's first Christmas Band Concert...and those kids did not sound like beginners!  They were amazing.  Friday night we went to a Christmas pot luck, and played games, and visited with family and close friends.  Saturday night we played cards and darts with our new son-in-law's parents and friends; which was a lot of fun.  Yesterday we made gingerbread houses, with the grand kids, and had dinner together.  Then we danced, and sang to Christmas music.  Our year old granddaughter is quite the dancer.  We've, also, been enjoying the 6 dogs spending Christmas with us this year.  The new guy, Wesley, is adorable, and is now part of the pack.  It's been the best Christmas ever, and I highly recommend not stressing about the details, and just enjoying each other.

  I hope you all have a wonderful, loving and fun Christmas! 

5 comments:

Katnip Lounge said...

Meowy Catmas from all of us at the Katnip Lounge! Your Holidays sound wonderful--and we rec'd you card! Thank you, the Christmas Cat is wonderful.

Brian's Home Blog said...

I hope you have a most joyous holiday season. Merry Christmas dear friend!

Autumn Leaves said...

What an extraordinary Christmas you've had thus far! I know you are making special memories for both your kids and grandkids. That is what is most special. I wish I'd gone to a Christmas Eve service. Merry Christmas, Deb, and wishing you an amazing new year.

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Deb - your Christmas sounds fabulous and I think you found the true meaning of the blessed season. Take care and have a Happy New Year.

Melissah from Country Style Chic said...

Happy New Year Deb - I hope 2013 is your best yet!

Melissah