Monday, March 26, 2012

Cherry Tree Inspiration...turned Cherry blosson Cat


The Cherry Trees are blossoming, and they inspired me to paint a landscape...but...it turned into a cherry blossom Cat. Not sure how that happens, but I just go with it. I decided to sketch with my watercolor pencils, and I will move on to acrylics soon. I just really love the control watercolor pencils allow. The painting is a little light, so far, and I'm not sure just how dark, or colorful I'm going to go with it...that's the fun of painting! Hopefully, I will have more to show tomorrow!

5 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

This is looking so beautiful and I so admire your fine pencil strokes. I am also tickled to think of the cat peering through the cherry blossoms like this.

Brian's Home Blog said...

That one really is magical!

Heather said...

what a fun combo, the blossoms and the kitty! Cherry blossoms are so lovely. This is a great idea for a spring painting!~

Jane said...

Lovely and very artistic!

Marie Young (Marie Young Creative) said...

I love how your signature style comes through, but overall the piece feels very unique. Wonderful!