I love seeing, and reading about, other Artists' "Works In Progress". So, I decided to show a little bit more of my process while working on, "Ellie". I started with a sketch on paper and transferred to the canvas. Then added a bit of paint to define the lines. ( I used Nickel Azo Yellow for her dress, Titanium White, Mars Yellow and burnt sienna for defining the lines.)
I decided to use flowers, from a napkin, for her dress; so I cut them out and played around with placement, until I was satisfied.
Then using Matte Medium I glued the flowers in place.
I then started painting. I have a slow painting process of adding thin layers of paint...over and over and over. Her hair, so far, is burnt sienna and mars yellow. Mars yellow has been my favorite color for many years. Well, they no longer sell it. I have found that it is very similar to Yellow Ochre.
I am really liking the way Ellie's dress is turning out.
More to come...